Sunday, April 17, 2011

I blinked and became old.

To begin this blog, I should probably give some background information on the life of Anna B. I am a college student about to finish my undergraduate experience and move out into the real world. Scary, no? Those four years (now being pushed to 4.5 years...) will soon be completed, which is unreal to me. Where did the time go? I remember my move-in day in August 2007 when I was in awe of such an enormous campus, the overwhelming student body, and all the opportunities generating from my new independence.

And future plans? As of now, it consists of filling my days with graduate applications, finding work (lots and lots of work) and all together just enjoying life. I believe an individual should never be completely swamped with work because you'll miss the whole picture of what life really should be about. For me now, I hope to find a graduate program that will provide a supportive faculty, creative, inspiring peers, and a comfortable life in a new city. 

My college days thus far have been unforgettable. I have been truly blessed with perfect friends and family, a loving man, a stable job, a strong arts program, and the opportunity to travel. And traveling is why I am starting this blog. I will participate in WorkArt Kunstverein, a new art internship program that sends university art students to Germany for 4-8 weeks during the summer. My time will be spent in Bad Doberan and Rostock during mid-July to the end of August. Learning about this program so late in the school semester, I'm both shocked and ridiculously excited to be participating as an intern. Only once in a lifetime does something like this occur, especially with the financial assistance I will be receiving. All in all, I'm incredibly appreciative of CGES's, Barbara Wolbert's, and the WorkART program's unbelievable support.

No comments:

Post a Comment